Tai Chi - Li Style
With Adam Wood
The Li style is a very traditional form of T’ai Chi and is considered balanced in its Yin & Yang aspects.
All styles of T’ai Chi when taught properly embody certain basic principles which ensure effectiveness as a martial art and maximise the health benefits of the movement. The classes will focus on developing these principles through learning the Li Form and with solo and partner exercises.
Adam Wood has been training with the Taoist Arts Organisation (TAO) for over 12 years and has instructed children and adults since 2006. He holds a BCCMA Level 2 coaching qualification and attends regular weekend courses for TAO Instructors. He has successfully competed at National and International level in various disciplines of the Li System T’ai Chi and Chi Gong were developed over generations and treasured for their health benefits. Modern scientific research is increasingly turning to investigate the effects of T’ai Chi in various conditions. To date research has confirmed that
T’ai Chi’s effects include:
- Improved balance and reduced incidence of falls among the elderly
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved sleep quality
- Enhanced immune response
- Slowed reduction of bone density, protecting against osteoporosis
- Increased Heart Rate Variability, as effective as brisk walking.
- Improved mobility and decreased pain where there is osteoarthritis of the knee
- Aiding blood sugar regulation in type 2 diabetes.
- Reduced stress and improved psychological well-being